“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
INVESTING IN FAMILY!
your creative DIY fundraising idea
your small group
…can invest in the lives of one or more of our distressed Granny Families from the comfort of your own home!
One brick at a time
FAMILY to FAMILY across the globe…
Once a Granny Family is selected to receive this life changing blessing of a new home & hope for their family, TWH puts our team into action to build a HOME and Latrine/ Bathroom.
Here’s the process:
When the Granny Family is identified, through their local village church in Busoga District( one of the poorest & highest in Muslim and HIV populations in all of Uganda), they have met the following criteria:
- The Granny is widowed
- The family is destitute, by Ugandan standards, and in need of adequate shelter
- The Granny is caring for children of her deceased son (so that the orphans may inherit the new home)
We interview and verify the profile information, with a team including their Pastor, the Arch Deacon, our Farming God’s Way Manager, our Construction Manager, and a representative of the Local Council.
- We document their heartbreaking stories
- We photograph the condition of their existing hut…if they have one!
- We survey her existing land for house placement and garden development
- We document the names & ages of all of the orphaned grandchildren
- We photograph the Granny-Family in their existing “before” condition
Then we email photo’s and a bio of the Granny-Family to match an adoptive Family in the USA who has requested this Family to Family relationship.
The USA family is also given the names of the Granny and each of her orphaned grandchildren with the opportunity and privilege to pray for each of them by name.
And the Blessings begin in the lives of both Families on either side of the globe !